Diploma in Dialysis Technology - 2 Years
(Annual Intake: 50 Seats / Affiliated with Bharat Sevak Samaj)
The student learns to function as a dialysis technician with proficient clinical skills with a basic understanding of nephrology care. Upon completion of the course the student is prepared to take the examination to be a certified dialysis technician. The student will learn basic patient care related to the nephrology patient, machine technology, water treatment, and dialyzer reprocessing and educational development. The student will learn to give safe and competent nephrology care. At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Understand and apply the principles of dialysis and skills necessary to give safe and effective care to the individual undergoing hemodialysis treatments.
- Demonstrate the use of hemodialysis equipment with an understanding of the process of operating dialysis equipment and alternate dialysis procedures.
- Function as a dialysis technician under the supervision of the senior dialysis technologist or physician in a dialysis facility that provides dialysis treatment to the individual diagnosed with acute or chronic kidney disease.
- Assess the patient for any complications with an understanding of the problem and recognize the need to report the complications to senior dialysis technologist or physician.
- Respond effectively to the physical and emotional needs of the patient undergoing dialysis treatment.
Minimum 15 years completed.
A PASS in SSLC / Matric OR Tenth Standard of any State Board Study with minimum of 45% with English as a Compulsory Subject.